For extended periods now, lead has been used to produce many products paint being one of them. The principal reason is that lead is straightforward to use. In the seventeenth century, you would visit many luxurious homes and eat off a plate or serve water from a lead jug. However, people started staying away from it immediately they realized it was toxic. Today, lead is not used in the manufacture of many items unlike before. Here are a few things that you need to understand about this dangerous compound before considering heavy metal detox.
Lead has no safe levels of exposure
Lead poisoning can affect children as young as six. In fact. Its limits were halved to five micrograms. Its true that lead is very toxic to people of all age brackets and young children are particularly vulnerable. Lead poisoning is well known for causing kidney damage, hearing loss, and even low IQ.
Lead speeds up aging
Because lead is unable to dissipate in your body, it just accumulates over time. Recent evidence suggests that point speeds up the effects of aging. A recent study that examined the toxins that are present in the bones discovered higher concentrations of lead in elderly participants with cognitive decline. Such patients are at a higher risk for Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, Parkinson’s disease just to mention a few.
Lead is present where least expected
While the use of lead in automotive fuel is no more in many countries, it’s surprising that lots of leaded fuel are still used in aircraft fuel. A report noted that small planes are the most notorious when it comes to releasing lead emissions. Lead poses a threat the health of all, particularly small children. The bad news about the lead present in aircraft fuel is that it is release mixed with exhaust fumes which are invisible worsening the situation.
People in high-risk areas don’t consider testing for lead poisoning
It’s not right that only those who come from low-income areas face the most significant threat of lead poisoning. If you reside in an older home with maintenance problems, then the chances are that you are putting your life and that of your loved ones at risk. In most case, the people living in high exposure areas fail to get tested mainly because of ignorance. They are not aware of the signs of lead poisoning as well as the regulations that shed more light on testing. So if you suspect that you are living in a high-risk area then make sure that you go for lead poisoning testing and if the results are positive consider getting into a heavy metal detox program.
As it is evident, lead poses a significant threat to both our health and life, similar to other heavy metals. What even increases the case of lead poisoning is that most people aren’t aware of its presence. Avoid toys that have been manufactured from overseas and always shop for lead-free options. Gone are the days when people had to suffer from lead poisoning. With the information as mentioned above side stepping lead poisoning will be a stroll in the park.